Satisfied Customers Just Like You
"We received a quote from numerous contractors and Alan's Quote was the most professional out of all of them. The quality of work was great and the price beat most all the other estimates that I received! A+ experience!"
by Jeremy T. on 5/29/2014
"5 Star Review"
"I am so pleased that I hired this company for my new roof, since the beginning of my claim process they helped me and orientated me on everything. Their work was fast and clean, my new roof looks great! And they also helped me on any administrative process to do after changing the roof."
by Ana B. on 3/13/2014
"5 Star Review"
Do you need a Metal Roof Installation from a Trusted Pro?
Schedule a Free Metal Roof Installation in-home consultation with a local trusted Metal Roofing Pro
The Roof Duck ©Watertight Roofing Systems are all protected by a 5-15 year © Watertight workmanship warranty and up to a 45 year material warranty.!
Licensed & Insured
We are a Florida State Certified Licensed Roofing Contractor CCC1330963. We are fully insured and all of our employees are covered under a Florida Workers Comp Policy.
The Roof Duck ©Watertight Roofing Systems
We offer a wide selection of Metal Roofing Panels including Exposed Fastener and Standing Seam Systems
1. Can I install metal roofing over my existing shingle? This is better known as a "roof over" and the short answer is YES! However there is a great deal to take into consideration. Learn more about a roof over and installing metal roofing over shingles here at our BLOG
2. Isn’t Metal Roofing more expensive than shingles? How can I afford it? Metal Roofing has become more and more affordable as the manufacturing process improves. The average cost of a shingle roof is $300 a square (a square in roofing terms equals 100 sqft), the average cost of an exposed fastener metal roof is $350 a square. So based on the average homes roof area of 30 squares, that’s an extra $1500 for the initial installation. Now if you consider that an energy efficient metal roof saves you an average of 23% on energy savings (Florida solar energy center) the roof will pay for itself in the first 3-5 years if not sooner. Also taking into consideration the insurance savings and the fact that you won’t have to replace your metal roof for 50-60 years (3 times less than shingle roofs) metal roofing is less expensive in the long run by far!
3. Do Metal Roofs get struck by lightning? Metal Roofing WILL NOT increase the chances of a lightning strike. However, if your roof was struck, the metal roof would most likely disperse the energy safely throughout the structure. One of the biggest advantages is that metal roofing is not combustible nor is it flammable so your roof wouldn't catch fire like a shingle roof. So metal roofing is actually a much lower risk when it comes to severe weather.
4. Won’t my metal roof rust? Actually todays metal roofs are built to last a long time. Years ago metal roofing was made out of galvanized steel. Now metal roofing has a zinc or zinc-aluminum combination that prevents rust from forming and is chemically bonded to the metal so the answer is NO, your metal roof should last 50-60 years with proper maintenance.
5. What about noise? This is a very common misconception. People often think that metal roofing will be noisy in the rain when in fact it’s not noisy at all. Metal Roofing is typically installed directly over solid decking so the vibration is very minimal. A metal roof will actually silence the noise from rain, hail and bad weather, many times much better that other roofing systems.
Metal Roofing FAQ
Your New Metal Roof
The Roof Duck 100% Roof Loan
Electronic Signature, No More Paperwork
With our new electronic signatures, there is no paperwork required. One signature from any PC, smart phone, or tablet does it all. We take the hassle out of sales slips and signatures by giving you a 100% error-free option. Our exclusive electronic signature (Clean Close) software allows you to get your project moving in the right direction fast. Call Today 904-345-0663